Sunday 22 June 2014

I had a pretty well perfect day yesterday.  The walk was great, although the route had to be changed at short notice due to a sign going up saying there was a bull in one of the fields we were meant to cross.  Then we ended up the wrong side of a big barred metal gate that was locked so we all had to climb over it with the help of two gentlemen of the party.  Some of us took a shorter route back to Bucklesham Church while the others went up to Brightwell.  Some risked the field and had to run away from the bull and the cows that were with it!  I got to know a couple of people walking and another two during lunch which was just fab (although service rather slow)  I had lambs liver and bacon and mash and beer battered onion rings followed by a chocolate marquise with orange sorbet.  I got back about 3.15 and put my feet up on the settee for a while and pottered about a bit and then in the evening me and the OH watched a DVD of Morse and I had some cheese and biscuits and a lovely glass of Old Rosie.  The picture is a screen shot of Google Maps satellite photo of where we walked.  I think I did a bit over 2 miles in the end and it has encouraged me to make the effort again.

No comments :

Post a Comment